NSW Topographic Map Boundaries
These are the NSW topographic map boundaries, extracted from the NSW DTDB (Digital Topographic Database) as at 06/05/2016. The maps are a mix of 1:25000, 1:50000 and 1:100000. Most NSW maps are a standard size:
- 1:25000 - 0.25 deg wide (long) x 0.125 deg high (lat)
- 1:50000 - 0.50 deg wide (long) x 0.25 deg high (lat)
- 1:100000 - 0.50 deg wide (long) x 0.50 deg high (lat)
Some maps, typically those on parts of the coast, are only half as wide, to avoid printing large amounts of sea. A few are slightly larger, to avoid printing an extra map. Two maps (Bombo Point, Nadgee) have a separate inset, and one map (Caloola, on the Queensland border) is not rectangular in shape.
There are 3 formats:
- XLSX - which includes direct links to the e-Topos
- JSON (as TXT) - useful for programming
- GeoJSON (as TXT) - useful for GIS systems such as QGIS
NSW Topographic Map boundaries and e-Topo download links:
6 figure to full UTM
Spreadsheet to convert 6-figure grid references for NSW to full UTM references. Inputs are the map name and the 6 figure grid reference. Basic spreadsheet with no macros.
Download conversion spreadsheet (XLSX)